In 2015, I left corporate life to become a trained Career Coach. It is the kind of people-focused, fulfilling and flexible career you wait years to find! Helping unhappy worker bees find their own inspiring work is something near and dear to my heart. Then, six months later, I was pregnant for the first time - with twins! As exciting (and overwhelming) as this news was, I couldn’t bear the thought of not making my new career work for me, even with the impending arrival of my boys.
Then I gave birth: and something else new happened. I entered a new world filled with other Mums. A lot of Mums... telling me the same thing: they were feeling a sense of conflict in their lives, even when being a good Mum had become more important than anything else. This resonated with me because I was feeling it too. And feeling guilty about it! While we each have different stories to tell – the threads woven into our stories are much the same. So a new coaching focus was born.
The Winning Mum
Now I provide coaching support for Mums who are looking for ways to integrate their roles. Mums who are just like me. Mums just like you! I’m learning ‘on the job’ (both of them!) – sometimes stumbling along the way - and sharing what I’m learning. The goal? We all want to lay our heads down at night knowing we are the good Mums we want to be. And that we are content with the choices we’re making to create a Mummy/Work/Life alignment plan we can live with. And that feels good!
Some ways I help Mums:
· By working through the stress or anxiety of returning to workplace after maternity leave
· Supporting you in seeking a flexible work arrangement with current or new employer
· Creating a new career that works better for you and your family
· Balancing and prioritising what is important between ‘work-life’ and ‘family-life’
· Creating a more fulfilling situation at work or at home, without feeling guilty
· Finding peace and confidence in your new identity as a Mum and/or your changing identity at work
· Re-aligning with the things that bring you energy and nourishment
If you’re a Mum, I’d love to hear from you…
What tips do you have for becoming a Winning Mum? Or, what keeps you from feeling like a Winning Mum? Look for The Winning Mum Blog bi-weekly – and I’ll share your thoughts and ideas in future blogs. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact me for a free introductory coaching session!